Saturday, November 15, 2008

Exhibition for LBCC Photo Coordinator


This past weekend, I visited Seattle to attend the opening reception of the exhibition that I'm in at the Photographic Center Northwest. I was showing my Val Verde project which features an estate and gardens in Montecito, CA (where the fires are). The event went well and I'm pleased to say work sold before we opened (always a good feeling).

I also got a chance to tour the facilities, which were really wonderful. The Center specializes in "photography for social justice" and they have terrific b&w and color darkrooms. What I really loved was the passion and enthusiasm for photography that everyone seemed to have. The Center was started as a grass roots project in the 1980's and has evolved into a well respected and active organization.

A. M.

No comments: